Steam locomotive Os24-7

Manufacturer: the first locomotive factory in Poland, Spółka Akcyjna w Chrzanowie (Fablok)
Serial number and year of manufacture: 147/1926
Axle arrangement: 2’D
Maximum speed: 90 km / h

Steam overpressure in the boiler: 1,4 MPa (14 at)

Wheel diameter of wheel sets: 1000/1750 mm

Tender series: 25D24 (27D24)

Water/ Coal supply: 25 m³, 7,4 t

Service mass of steam locomotive, tender included: 147 000 kg
Length over buffers: 20 730 mm

 

This copy belonged to the first series of steam locomotives built in the newly-revived Poland, which was intended for the passenger traffic. The design was developed on the basis of the documentation of the Austrian locomotive of  570 series, designed in 1915 by Maschinen-Fabrik der priv. Österreichisch-Ungarischen Staats-Eisenbahn-Gesellschaft, initially, in close cooperation with Polish company „Fablok“.  Between 1925-27 60 locomotives of  AG24 series were built, which in the interwar period were used in the following District  State Railways Managements: Lwów, Stanisławów, Kraków, Warsaw, Radom and Wilno.  After the World War II the Polish State Railways regained only 15 machines of this series. They were transferred to Lublin District  State Railways Management  where they served in the following locomotive sheds: Lublin, Rozwadów, Zamość and Chełm  until 1970.  A preserved  copy of a  steam locomotive Os24-7  is a former Os24-39. During the war, initially it was at the disposal of the Soviet Railways, then it was used by the German Railways  with the designation 33 215. Returned to the Polish State Railways on 20 July 1948. Recovered from Austria, ended its service in Chełm. It was deleted from the inventory as the last representative of the series on 17 April 1970.