Steam locomotive Tkb3-129

Manufacturer: Hohenzollern AG für Locomotivbau, Düsseldorf
Serial number and year of manufacture: 129/1880
Axle arrangement: B
Maximum speed: 30 km / h

Steam overpressure in the boiler: 1,2 MPa (12 at)

Wheel diameter of wheel sets: 900 mm

Water/ Coal supply: 2,4 m³/ 0,8 t

Service mass of steam locomotive: 17 000 kg
Length over buffers: 6300 mm

 

In 1875 the Hohenzollern company launched the production of lightweight two-axle tank locomotive, designed for shunting  in industrial plants sidings. More than 120 copies this  perfect for the role  simple  construction with the boiler for  saturated vapour , with axial load of only 8.5 t, with the possibility of negotiating the curve of radius r = 50 m and a power of 73.5 kW (100 hp) were manufactured. The Locomotive with a serial number 129, was built in 1880 on the request of the Prussian industrialist William Suermondt'a for sugar factory Amsee (Janikowo  near Inowrocław), or  for the soda factory (Chemische Fabrik Robert Suermondt & Co, Montwy). In 1926 during the renovation locomotive received a new boiler  which was built by  the  Warsaw Steam Locomotives Construction Company (Warszawska Spółka Akcyjna Budowy Parowozów) . The locomotive ended its service at Janikowo Sugar Factory. Deleted from the records of the Technical Inspection on 21 August 1970, after that it was transferred to the Railway Museum. It is the oldest steam locomotive at the Stacja Muzeum collections and at the same time physically oldest existing copy of the locomotive produced by the Hohenzollern company.